Frequently Asked Questions
Bijou Von started off with Bijou Von’s hand sanitisers, but continue to develop our product ranges. Our approach is simple, handmade, hand poured products,
CHARITY & COMMUNITY – We hold at the core of our focus, giving back to the community, which is why we will continue to support Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice.
ENVIRONMENT – In addition to this, our focus on the environment is a priority. Our packaging is cardboard and paper, which can be recycled. Our bags are made from paper, our carrier bags are made from compostable material and even our tea lights are compostable. Our candles are made from sustainable sources, such as Rapeseed and Coconut. Our Soy blend is also sourced from renewable sources.
VEGAN FRIENDLY & NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS – Our products are vegan friendly, never tested on animals and we always ensure that whatever we source is aligned to our values around supplying vegan friendly and animal friendly products.
HAND SANITISERS – Our hand sanitisers conform to the WHO (World Health Organisation) recommended formulation. Bijou Von hand sanitiser contains 80% alcohol (if a hand sanitiser doesn’t contain at least 75% alcohol as an active ingredient, it does not conform to WHO recommendation). Why not 100%? Studies have shown higher alcohol concentrations to be less effective against bacteria and viruses.
- Includes natural food grade vegetable glycerine which has anti-microbial properties.
- Kills 99.99% of germs
- No need for the sticky gels, this is a no rinse formula.
- Fast drying spray
- Contain Aloe Vera
- With a range of 100% Pure Essential Oils and Fragrance oils to choose from, we give you choice.
Each of our atomisers come filled with a divine fragrance of your choice, from our wide selection available to you. Each bottle is refillable and helps us to reduce single use items.
CRYSTALS – We have a very extensive range of crystals that are being added to our site ongoing. We have reviewed a number of countries & suppliers for supply of crystals and it is important we understand how our crystals are sourced. There are a number of companies who will claim crystals are supplied sustainably and this is not always the case. We provide some very insightful guidance under our section around the crystals that will detail how crystals are sourced.
- Store in a well ventilated, cool, and dry environment
- Do not store in sunlight, heat or near naked flames
- Highly flammable liquid and vapours – keep away from any flames, heat, sunlight, or naked flames.
- Keep out of the sight and out of reach of children
Washing hands for 20 seconds is still the best way to start by cleaning your hands. If you are on the go or want an extra level of protection, then Bijou Von hand sanitisers can be part of your daily routine in handy refillable atomisers and bottles.
CANDLES- INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Please refer to the ‘Ingredients’ page on this site and in the packaging for any allergens.
In addition to this, each candle is double checked before being sent out that it has all relevant legal CLP information, ingredients and allergens listed.
Follow warnings below.
Once a candle is reaching the end of use, place the container in warm water and safely remove the inner candle when it reaches 1cm. Wash and clean the inner part of the candle.
This container can be used again.
For Crystal Candles: – keep crystals away from the flame, as soon as the top layer of the candle has melted on the first lighting, safely remove the crystals with a spoon, do not touch due to the heat with any hands. Let cool and wash the crystals and keep for your own personal use. DO NOT LEAVE CRYSTALS BURNING IN THE CANDLE, this can cause heated stones and impact of cracking glass. WVA Ltd will not accept responsibility for any damages or impacts for incorrect usage of the crystals in the candles.
WARNINGS: To prevent fire & serious injury, burn candles within sight, keep away from children & pets. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Instructions: Trim wick to 5mm before lighting. Keep candles free of any foreign materials, including matches & wick trimmings. Only burn candles on a level surface. Candles must be on a fire resistant surface. Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time. Keep clear of any reflective materials and direct sunlight. Dispose of contents/container to approved disposal site, in accordance with local regulations.
CAR DIFFUSERS – INSTRUCTIONS USE:
Follow Warning details
Unscrew the top square wooden black top and put to the side
Carefully remove the plastic plug and save for future.
Screw back the top onto the glass bottle
Over a sink, turn the diffuser upside down whilst the bubbles disperse, for 2-4 seconds.
Place in a safe space in your car, vehicle, so as not to obstruct views.
Occasionally tip it upside down for a second when over a sink, careful not to spill. This will release the liquid into the wooden and black top.
Wash hands after use.
These are refillable and can be used again.
WARNING: May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Avoid breathing vapour or dust. Wear protective gloves/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Dispose of contents/container to approved disposal site, in accordance with local regulations.
DIFFUSERS – INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Follow Warning details
Remove from packaging
Place in the sink area
Unscrew the silver top and put to the side
Carefully remove the plastic plug and save for the future.
Screw back the silver top onto the diffuser bottle.
Add in the Reeds into the top of the bottle
If any has spilled whilst setting up, wipe with a damp cloth and dry fully.
Do not place directly on furniture, place on a level coaster or base.
Spillages may cause furniture damage. WVA Ltd will not be held liable for any damages.
Wash hands thoroughly after use.
These are refillable and can be used again.
WARNING: May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Avoid breathing vapour or dust. Wear protective gloves/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Flammable. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Dispose of contents/container to approved disposal site, in accordance with local regulations.
HAND WASH INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Please check the ‘Ingredients’ page and the back label of the product for allergens.
Against animal testing
Keep out of children’s reach
Avoid getting into the eyes
If product gets into the eyes wash out thoroughly with water. If irritation occurs, seek medical assistance.
Not suitable for consumption
ROOM SPRAYS – INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
Check Ingredients and Allergens and do not use them if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Adhere to Warnings and Hazard Statements
Directions, Remove the out cap by pulling off, ensure the nozzle of the spray is directed away from your face and body. Press the pump and spray 2-4 times in the corner areas of a room. Repeat as necessary.
Do not spray on fabrics or furniture, may cause staining and damage. WVA Ltd will not be held liable for any damages by not following correct instructions.
Instructions for use
Remove a match from the bottle and replace the cork lid securely.
Grasp the match firmly at its end point away from the bulb.
Use your your pointer (index) finger and your thumb to hold the match arms length away from your body and away from any other items.
Press the match head into the striker. Look for a rough brownish strip on the bottom of the bottle or side of the box.
Quickly drag the match head along the striker. Without letting up the pressure, quickly slide the match head from left to right. If needed, try again. Matches don’t always light on the first try. Don’t worry if you don’t get a flame immediately
When the match is lit, safely light your candle. Extinguish the flame on the match immediately after the candle has been lit. Place the match under cold water. Do not dispose of until cooled.
WARNINGS: – Matches are highly flammable. Keep out of the use of children. Never leave a lit item alone.
- Make sure the lid is on tight, or you will be having a wash in it, and whilst you will be exceptionally clean and smell divine, it is hand sanitiser.
- Shake It …Gently does it!
- Remove your glass insert spray from your Bijou Von 20ml Atomiser, by twisting it up from the middle of the container.
- When the twist part is showing, gently remove the glass bottle with the spray insert. (don’t tug, it is not a Tug of War).
- Then unscrew the top part of the spray insert and voila, there you have your glass insert and spray separated.
- Take a small funnel and insert into the 20ml glass inside refillable bottle.
- Then gently refill it from your refillable Bijou Von aluminium container until the glass insert is nearing the top. before it gets to the height of the neck, STOP.
- Insert the sprayer part into the 20ml vial and twist closed shut.
- Put it back in your Bijou Von atomiser and you are ready to use.
Let’s make it easy we said…….so all prices include postage and packaging. Here at Bijou Von, we use different companies to ship our products straight to your door. On occasions it may be necessary to use other services for delivery. Delivery costs are now included for shipping to the U.K.
Once your order has been despatched, you will receive a confirmation email with a delivery tracking code for your reference to track.
We will take all reasonable care to deliver to the addresses provided. However, we will not be held liable for any non-delivery or missed delivery as a result of the incorrect address and addressee details being entered at the checkout.
Standard – up to 4 working days for U.K. Delivery
Once your order has been despatched, you will receive a confirmation email with a delivery tracking code for your reference to track. We will get your products out asap, but we are always reliant on the postal services.
Please be aware that in some cases due to the impacts of COVID-19, some courier services may be impacted by up to 48hours.
Bijou Von will do everything to minimise any delays where possible to ensure that your delivery reaches you on time.
We are delighted to offer a 3-month subscription service to our customers.
The subscription service is quarterly and will be fulfilled automatically by Bijou Von. You can find the subscription service in the ‘shop’ area. At the checkout, by clicking subscribe, you agree that: your subscription will be set to continuous auto-renewal payments every 3 months with your next payment due on the 25th, of the month. You authorize us to take this amount from your card every 3 months. You can cancel your subscription at any time on your account. Terms and conditions apply. Which can be found in the Terms document link on the main page at the footer of the main page.
- Details are provided at checkout – All details can be found through the checkout process.
- Where do I go to order? – Go to the Shop and click on the Refills page and it can be found there.
- Sending back your two Bijou Von bottles – When you send the two bottles back, please send them back with the original bottle caps on both bottles. Please keep the pump sprays at home with you.
- Tracking of your Bijou Von Bottles to us – Please send us back the bottles with a tracking number to the address provided at checkout.
- Where do I send my bottles? – At the checkout, you will be provided the details of where to send your bottles to.
- Where do I select my fragrances for each bottle? – For each bottle there is a drop-down box for you to select which fragrance you would like.
- What about Shipping back once filled? Bijou Von will cover shipping back to the UK address. Shipping will be our standard shipping following validated receipt of your Bijou Von bottles.
- Shipping Internationally – At present Bijou Von do not cover international shipping free for the Bijou Von Refill 250 Program.
- Where do I find more information? – Please see Terms and Conditions below.
- How do I get in contact with you? feel free to email the Bijou Von team at email@example.com and we will respond to you within 24 hours.
- Both bottles must be valid Bijou Von bottles with a valid proof of purchase.
- Both Bottles must be returned with the original screw caps. Please do not send the spray pumps.
- Both bottles must not have been filled with any other liquid other than Bijou Von Hand Sanitisers.
- The 2 x 250ml Bijou Von bottles must be sent back in the same package, at the same time. It will be the customers responsibility to ensure the packages are sent back securely and well packaged to avoid any damage.
- All packages sent by the customer to Bijou Von, must be tracked with full valid details provided at checkout.
- Bijou Von will not be held responsible for any missing packages that are not tracked and delivered with accurate proof of delivery to our address.
- All packages will be inspected prior to validating any refills. If the bottles are damaged and not able to be refilled, we will contact you directly via the contact details provided.
- Bijou Von will not accept any damaged bottles for refill.
- It is the customers responsibility to enter accurate details of the telephone number and address for the return of the bottles.
- Bijou Von will ship the 2 x 250ml bottles filled with Bijou Von Hand Sanitiser standard fragrances.
- Bijou Von will ship via standard shipping, once we have receipt of the 2 x 250ml Bijou Von Bottles, qualifying for this offer, free of charge to the UK shipping address selected in the checkout field.
- Bijou Von do not cover free or international shipping for the Bijou Von Refill 250 Program at this time.
- Bijou Von reserve the right to change this offer at any time.
- Any questions please do reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bijou Von Terms and Conditions Apply
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- Can cause serious eye irritation
- May produce an allergic reaction
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Key away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames & naked flames including any other ignition sources. No smoking.
- Do not store in any sunlight or light, this can affect the products and any sanitiser can become cloudy in the LetterBox sprays.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present & if easy to do so. Continue rinsing if eye irritation persists. Seek immediate medical advice.
- Store in a well-ventilated space and out of direct sunlight, keep cool.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any essential oils, fragrance oils or organic oils. May cause an allergic reaction to organic essential oils, pure essential and fragrance oils.
- In case of an allergic reaction, discontinue use immediately and seek immediate medical assistance.
- Seek advice on using Essential Oils, Organic Essential Oils and Fragrance Oils if you are pregnant or have a medical condition before use. In some cases, some essential oils are not suitable.
- Do not use on broken or damaged skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes, can cause serious eye irritation.
- If sanitiser comes into contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water and remove contact lenses if present and continue to rinse. If you happen to get into your eye, seek immediate medical assistance.
- Do not ingest. Seek immediate medical assistance if ingested.
- Some essential Oils / Organic Oils, may cause drowsiness or dizziness
- Do not spray on painted surfaces, clothes as it may stain.
- Do not use if you have respiratory illnesses, inhaling the scent may cause wheezing, coughing, difficulty in breathing, nausea and even dizziness
- Keep away from animals or fish.
- Essential oils and sanitisers legally will have a number of warning labels.
Dispose of contents and container to a household waste recycling centre as hazardous waste. Empty containers can be disposed of by appropriate recycling methods. Please contact your local council for details on disposal and adhere to these methods. Disposal of this product is the responsibility of the user. WVA Limited will not be held liable for lack of incorrect disposal or recycling.
Here at Bijou Von, we want to make sure you are enjoying the experience with Bijou Von. If for any reason you decide you don’t want it, send back your bottle unused and in its original condition and we will issue you a refund.
*Refer to Terms and Conditions and Refund Policy for more information
Bijou Von team hope that you are delighted with your purchase. However, if for any reason you are not entirely satisfied with your item and wish to cancel your order, you may return the item in its original condition for a refund within 14 days from delivery.
Refunds are not issued based upon personal preferences, e.g. the scent or type of container. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and must also be in the original packaging. Please refer to Refunds Policy.
Please do get in touch if you would like to return your order by contacting our customer services team with details in the Subject header with either REFUND or EXCHANGE and the Order number.
Please email info@Bijouvon.com
Please note that we are available Monday to Friday 08.00 to 18.00 excluding bank holidays in the UK.
Gift Cards and E Vouchers – Launching soon, but these are excluded from the refund policy.
PROOF OF POSTAGE, DELIVERY AND TRACKING ON A RETURN
For any returns for reasons other than defects in the good or incorrect, incomplete delivery details, you will be responsible for paying your own shipping costs for return of your item(s). Shipping costs are non-refundable. For any received refunds, the cost of the return shipping will be deducted from your refund amount.
For any returns, you will need to ensure you can provide a Proof of Postage/ Delivery when you return the goods to us. Please retain this in order to provide us with the details, in the unlikely event that we do not receive the returned goods.
Returned goods – please email us for details on email@example.com
Following the return of a received item, this will be inspected, we will then notify you via email that we have received your item and whether it has been approved or rejected for a refund.
Refunds will only be made against the original method of payment within 7 working days once approved.
If an order is cancelled and you do not return the goods to us within 14 working days of notification of cancellation to us, we shall be entitled to withhold payment of any refund.
We do not provide a full refund if goods have show signs of use or unreasonable use. In such circumstances, we will notify you that a reduced refund payment will be available, or you can choose to arrange for such goods to be returned to you within 28 days of our notification.
For any goods you received that are damaged or faulty or not what you originally ordered, we will be happy to exchange the items at the same value or offer you a refund.
Please retain all packaging materials and the damaged items for inspection by the shipping carrier.
This policy does not affect your rights under law as a consumer which apply in addition.
If you have an approved refund, if you have not received the refund in the timescales provided, please initially check with your bank, processing can take time before your refund is show against your account.
If you have contacted your bank and it is still not showing, please contact us at info@Bijouvon.com with your order number details.